The global quinine market is poised for significant growth, with a projected increase from its 2022 value of approximately US$2.1 billion to a staggering US$3.2 billion by 2030, reflecting a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% during the period from 2023 to 2030.
Increasing Health Awareness Drives Market Expansion
The quinine market is being fueled by a growing concern for public health and an increased awareness of health-related issues among the general population. Moreover, the consumption of tonic water, which contains quinine, is on the rise, further boosting the demand for quinine.
200mg Quinine Leads the Way
In 2022, the 200mg category dominated the industry, primarily used to combat malaria parasites residing inside red blood cells. The choice of dosage depends on various factors, including the patients health status, the region where malaria was contracted, additional medications being taken, and the patients response to treatment.
Leg Cramp Treatment Remains Prominent
The problematic leg cramps segment is anticipated to dominate the global market for quinine. Quinine has long been used to treat uncomfortable leg cramps, with recommended dosages typically in the range of 200-300 mg for nocturnal leg cramps.
Intramuscular Administration Gains Ground
Intramuscular administration took the lead in the market in 2022, driven by increased demand for biosimilars and immunizations, the rising prevalence of chronic diseases requiring intramuscular drug delivery, and growing acceptance of this method due to its advantages.
Hospitals at the Forefront
Hospitals have a significant presence in the quinine market, as they offer comprehensive medical services. This has contributed to their popularity as the leading segment in the quinine market.
North America Leads Due to Disease Prevalence
North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global quinine market, primarily due to the high frequency of malaria and mosquito-borne diseases in the region. Despite government efforts, the US, in particular, continues to experience the impact of these diseases.
Asia Pacific on the Rise
The Asia Pacific region is witnessing an expansion in the quinine market due to increased patient demand for quinine derivatives, rising disposable income, improved affordability, and higher healthcare spending.
Key Growth Drivers
- Increasing Demand for Tonic Water: Tonic water, containing quinine, is widely consumed globally as a healthful beverage, with its medicinal properties driving demand.
- Rising Cases of Malaria: The global increase in malaria cases is expected to drive the demand for quinine, which is used to treat the disease.
- Rising Alcoholic Beverage Consumption: The popularity of bitter alcoholic beverages and cocktails that contain quinine, such as gin and tonic, is contributing to the growth of the quinine market.
Major Growth Barriers
- Low Consumer Awareness: Limited consumer understanding of quinines various uses beyond being a mixer for alcoholic beverages may hinder market growth.
- Health Concerns: Potential health issues associated with quinine consumption, such as fever, headaches, and vision impairments, may negatively impact market expansion.
Key Trends and Opportunities
- Product Innovations: Ongoing product innovation is expected to be a primary driver of the quinine markets growth, with manufacturers focusing on new flavors and natural ingredients.
- Rising Consumer Spending: Increased disposable income and urbanization are contributing to higher alcohol consumption, benefiting the quinine market.
- Expanding Cocktail Culture: The growing popularity of cocktails is expected to create new opportunities for the quinine sector.
Regulations surrounding quinine vary by region, with the FDA in the United States setting limits on quinine content in tonic water. The European Commission has also introduced guidelines for labeling caffeine and quinine in beverages and food.
- North America: The US and Canada are leading the quinine market in North America, driven by high gin consumption and tonic water usage.
- Asia Pacific: Asia Pacific is experiencing significant growth due to increased product approvals and rising demand for quinine in nations like India, China, and Indonesia.
The global quinine market is concentrated with a few major competitors. Leading companies in this market include Aecochem Corp, Haihang Industry Co. Ltd., Actavis, Shreeji Pharma International, Wockhardt, Vital Labs, Trademax Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals, Van Wankum Ingredients, Hangzhou Dayang Co. Ltd., IS Chemical Technology Ltd., Leocorno Enterprises, Bickford & Sons, Fever-Tree, Schweppes, Chempro Pharma Private Limited, and others.
Global Quinine Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, Regional Outlook, and Forecast 2023-2030 (By Type Coverage, By Application Coverage, By Administration Coverage, By End User Coverage, By Geographic Coverage and By Company) https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/quinine-market
Visit Our Trending Blogs:
Fairfield Market Research is a UK-based market research provider. Fairfield offers a wide spectrum of services, ranging from customized reports to consulting solutions. With a strong European footprint, Fairfield operates globally and helps businesses navigate through business cycles, with quick responses and multi-pronged approaches. The company values an eye for insightful take on global matters, ably backed by a team of exceptionally experienced researchers. With a strong repository of syndicated market research reports that are continuously published & updated to ensure the ever-changing needs of customers are met with absolute promptness.
Fairfield Market Research
UK +44 (0)20 30025888
USA (Toll-free) +1 (844) 3829746
This press release first seen on Brilad