The global Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) market, which stood at USD 31.5 billion in 2021, is set to continue its remarkable growth trajectory with an anticipated Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.5% during the forecast period. PCR, a groundbreaking technique for duplicating specific segments of DNA, has proven indispensable in numerous applications, including disease diagnosis, genetic testing, and personalized medicine.
Driving Forces for Market Expansion
- Rising Geriatric Population: The growing elderly demographic contributes significantly to the PCR markets expansion. As the number of elderly individuals increases, so does the prevalence of chronic diseases, necessitating advanced diagnostic techniques.
- Technological Advancements: Constant improvements in PCR technology, coupled with increasing consumer acceptance of personalized medicine, are driving market growth. The introduction of innovative PCR tests, including those used to detect SARS-CoV-2 infection, has propelled the industry forward.
- Increased Awareness: Growing awareness of advanced diagnostic procedures and the importance of molecular diagnostics in disease management further accelerates market growth.
Impact of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic had a profound impact on the global PCR market. PCR techniques played a crucial role in the detection and management of the pandemic, with a wide array of PCR-based tests developed for SARS-CoV-2 detection. For instance, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration for its Cobas SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid test, designed for asymptomatic and symptomatic individuals in point-of-care settings.
- Rising Disease Burden: The increasing incidence of infectious diseases, chronic conditions, and genetic disorders is a primary driver of PCR market growth. Chronic diseases like cancer and diabetes, along with respiratory disorders and congenital cardiac diseases, are fueling the demand for molecular diagnostic techniques.
- Technological Advancements: PCRs amplification capabilities have been further enhanced by technological advancements, leading to the development of smaller, more efficient devices. For example, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. launched the QX ONE Droplet Digital PCR System, catering to drug development, quality control, and critical testing applications.
- High Assay Costs: The cost of PCR tests remains a challenge, especially in developing countries where affordability is a concern. The high cost of tests can hinder their adoption in regions with limited healthcare resources.
- Lack of Awareness: Limited awareness about PCR technology in low-income countries hampers its widespread adoption, contributing to slower market growth.
- Conventional PCR Dominance: Conventional PCR continues to dominate the market, driven by its applications in food testing and safety. New product introductions and the demand for PCR reagents relevant to various test types are contributing to its growth.
- Medical Category Leading: The medical segment commands the largest revenue share due to the high adoption of PCR tests in clinical diagnostics, disease research, and medication development. The commercialization of qPCR and dPCR reagents further propels this segment.
- North America Leads: North America, led by the United States, accounts for the largest share in the PCR market. Factors such as an aging population, increasing prevalence of genetic and chronic disorders, and favorable government initiatives contribute to its dominance.
Prominent players in the PCR market include Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Danaher, Standard BioTools, Abbott, Stilla, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Agilent Technologies, Inc., Qiagen, and Microsynth AG. These companies are continuously innovating and introducing advanced PCR technologies to meet the growing demand for molecular diagnostics.
The global Polymerase Chain Reaction market is poised for continued growth, driven by technological advancements, rising disease burdens, and increasing awareness of molecular diagnostics. As PCR technology evolves, it is expected to play an even more significant role in disease diagnosis and personalized medicine in the years ahead.
Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2023-2030 By Product, Technology, Grade, Application, End-user, Region: (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa) https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/polymerase-chain-reaction-market
Visit Our Trending Blogs:
Fairfield Market Research is a UK-based market research provider. Fairfield offers a wide spectrum of services, ranging from customized reports to consulting solutions. With a strong European footprint, Fairfield operates globally and helps businesses navigate through business cycles, with quick responses and multi-pronged approaches. The company values an eye for insightful take on global matters, ably backed by a team of exceptionally experienced researchers. With a strong repository of syndicated market research reports that are continuously published & updated to ensure the ever-changing needs of customers are met with absolute promptness.
Fairfield Market Research
UK +44 (0)20 30025888
USA (Toll-free) +1 (844) 3829746
This press release first seen on Brilad